A Fast Fact Guide about Why to Go Solar in Texas
In the past few years, Texas in the United States has become “solar savvy.” Many companies and residents of different cities in Texas are taking advantage of this renewable source of energy. In the past few years, the number of houses opting for solar energy in Texas has quadrupled. You want to know why? Here are some of the benefits of using solar power.
Benefits of Solar Power in Texas
- It is the cleanest form of energy which is renewable also.
- With solar power, people can generate electricity at homes by installing solar panels. It goes without saying electricity generated via solar panels to reduce utility bills significantly.
- It is extremely helpful in reducing carbon footprint.
- Solar panels work in cloudy conditions as well.
By seeing these incredible solar facts, more and more people are readily installing solar panels in residential and commercial areas. Now the question arises “Are solar panels worth installing at Texas homes or commercial buildings”? The answer is definitely YES.
Strong Reasons to Install Solar Panels in Texas
Solar Panels are worth every penny in Texas as it allows homeowners to save huge money on electricity bills by producing their own power and using it for running household appliances. Even if households produce energy in excess, they can sell excess units to companies and get a rebate. Some other reasons for the soaring popularity of solar power in Texas are:
- The average price of installing solar panels over residential and commercial buildings continues to drop thereby encouraging people to go solar.
- The Government offers several rebates and incentives for going solar. Even the local government offers certain rebates thereby making the investment in the installation of solar panels quite affordable.
- At present, over 300 solar companies work in Texas. They collectively employ a large number of populations.
- Texas produces enough solar energy to power over 210,000 homes.
The initial cost of installing solar panels at residential buildings is high which discourages residents for going solar. However, very few people are aware of the fact that the cost of installing solar panels recovered easily in the time span of 13-15 years. Let’s take a quick over about the cost of solar panels in few cities of Texas.
Solar Panels Cost in Texas
The cost of installing solar panels in Texas varies from city to city and from home to home. For instance, the estimated cost of installing 5 kW solar panel in Arlington, Texas comes around $20,950. After deducting federal tax credit, the final cost comes around $14,665. On the other hand, the cost of installing 6kW of solar panels in El Paso, Texas comes higher. The cost is a little higher in El Paso due to the higher average price of residential solar power systems. The cost of installing solar panels in Laredo, Texas and other cities of Texas is somewhat similar.
Best Cities for Going Solar in Texas
The demand for solar power is expanding rapidly especially in Texas. It is because it is one of the states which enjoy 7-8 hours of sun’s energy on regular basis. In Texas, El Paso is one city with maximum sunshine followed by other cities like Arlington, Plano, Laredo, Fort Worth and Corpus Christi. So, if you are thinking about whether installing solar panels in Corpus Christi, Texas based houses would be a profitable decision or not, no need to think further. Simply give a call to a reputable solar company and get your answer.
Thompson and Son Energy is one of the most reputable solar companies in Texas offering installation of solar panels at both residential and commercial areas at an affordable cost. If you want to know about the cost of installing solar panels in Plano, Texas or in your city, call these professionals. They will definitely give you the concrete idea about the total cost and savings to be gained on energy usage.