Want to Know How Solar Panels Work? Read this Informative Guide
It is an undeniable fact that the sun is the ultimate source of energy and many countries are tapping this energy to power their homes and business. They install solar panels at homes and offices to produce cheap and clean electricity. But have you ever wondered how do solar panel work for your business and provide electricity? It is the simple science in which solar panel systems use photons for separating electrons from atoms. In this process of separating electrons from atoms, generation of electricity takes place. However, if you are looking for step-by-step information about how solar panels work, this guide will be helpful for you.
Step 1- Collecting Sunlight – This is the first step of creating electricity in which solar panels collect sunlight. When sunlight reaches the solar panel, photovoltaic cells, also known as PV cells, produce Direct Current (DC). Solar panels are a collection of solar cells and made from semiconductors like silicon. Like batteries, they use both negative and positive layer which creates an electric field.
Step 2- Inverters Convert DC into AC – Any home or business cannot receive electricity with DC. Thus, solar panel systems are attached with a single inverter. Sometimes, microinverters are attached to solar panels. The inverter performs the function of converting DC into AC (Alternating current).
Step -3 AC runs Electrical Appliances – Alternate Current is necessary for powering your oven, refrigerator and other electrical appliances in homes and offices. In case, if solar panels do not produce enough electricity to cover your power needs, need not worry. It is because your house or office always remains connected with traditional power companies which will automatically draw energy in the times of need. It is vital to remain connected with a traditional source of energy as solar panels produce electricity in the presence of sunlight but electricity is required during the night as well.
Step- 4 – Excess Electricity Send to Grid – It may possible that commercial solar panels in Texas produce more power than required. In such a scenario, the excess electricity is exported to the grid and used for different purposes. For ensuring this, installation of Net Meter takes place with solar panels to measure the electricity inflow and outflow to the grid.
So, it is simple to summarize that how solar panels work for your home. The steps are:
- Solar panel absorbs sun’s energy for converting it into DC.
- The inverter converts DC into AC
- Electricity provides power to the home and office appliances
- Excess electricity supplied to the electric grid.
Whether you are planning for commercial or residential solar panel installation in Texas, it is necessary to seek professional assistance from well-established Texas-based Company like Thompson & Son Energy.
Benefits of Seeking Solar Panel Installation Services from Thompson & Son Energy
- The leading Texas-based company provides residential and commercial solar panel installation services at affordable cost.
- The company holds over 60 years of experience and have installed over 1000 solar panel systems successfully in residential and commercial areas.
- San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth, to name a few are some cities in Texas in which the company operates.
- Trained and knowledgeable professionals perform the installation work with complete accuracy
- The company offers a free consultation to customers by visiting their places physically.
So, if you really want to understand how solar panels work step-by-step from the professionals, no need to look further than Thompson & Son Energy. For availing free consultation, mail or speak to the company’s spokesperson now.